Terms And Conditions
I hereby employ MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ, hereinafter known as ATTORNEY, to represent me for the Class “C” citations identified above. In consideration of such representation, I agree to pay to MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ a non‐refundable agreed upon fee per violation plus any additional fees which may arise during representation. I hereby understand and agree that the above fee DOES NOT include a trial. I understand that this contract is limited to the offenses for which client has paid.
I authorize MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ, or Associated Counsel to sign my name to any documents necessary in the course of representation. I authorize ATTORNEY, or Associated Counsel, to enter a plea for my case(s) if I am not present in court.
I agree to pay any fines, court costs, and expenses which may be assessed or charged in the above case(s). I understand that if any fines or court costs assessed in the above case(s) are not paid by me, a warrant will be issued for my arrest.
I understand the following: A conviction or Deferred Disposition may have immigration consequences.
I waive my right to a trial and requests MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ to obtain the best plea bargain agreement s/he can obtain on my above case(s). I agree to pay the fee(s), or charge(s), assessed within the time allowed. I understand CLIENT may be required to be present in court or risk convictions on my record.
I agree to deliver to MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ any proof (e.g. current insurance and insurance at the time of offense, inspection, registration) or other evidence, to aid in the management of my case, within 24 hours of signing this contract. Failure to comply may result in a plea bargain agreement, wherein I may be found guilty or granted deferred disposition, and a fine assessed.
2. The services for which I am hiring the attorney are as follows:
Entry of appearance and/ or motions to withdraw warrants on my behalf.
Waivers of pretrial and jury trial.
Appearance at all required court hearings.
Notification of the final outcome of my citation(s).
I understand that although MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ will try to get the citation dismissed, she can only guarantee her efforts and CANNOT guarantee the outcome of any particular case.
I understand that if I have hired MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ to assist me in withdrawing warrants, there is no guarantee that the warrants will be removed or that it may only be possible to remove the warrants with a payment plan.
I understand that the attorney DOES NOT guarantee dismissal of my citation(s).
I understand that my representation by the attorney ends after the final hearing of my citation and does NOT include any show cause hearings, special hearings, or presentation of documentation.
I understand that the court may decide to grant me defensive driving or require further evidence to be provided. If this is the case, I understand that it is my responsibility to provide such documentation or other such proof to the court by the required dates.
REMOVAL OF WARRANTS
• Hiring MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ does not guarantee that a judge will remove the warrant.
• A motion to withdraw the warrant is submitted by the attorney.
• If the warrant is removed and the citation reset for trial, the case will go through the Municipal Court Process outlined above.
• There is also a possibility of removing a warrant but with a payment plan. This means that, although the warrant is removed, you will be found guilty and will be required to pay the fine and court costs. This may also mean that points will be assessed against your driver license.
• Warrants generally take anywhere from 5-10 days to be removed. This not always the case, and some warrants may take longer to be lifted. Please contact MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ or the corresponding court to check the status of your warrants after that time.
REMOVAL OF COMMITMENTS
• A commitment is a type of warrant that can only be removed with a payment plan.
• If you have hired MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ to remove a commitment, please remember there is no guarantee that a judge will remove the commitment.
• A person receives a commitment if at some point, he/she made some sort of arrangement with the court (defensive driving, pled guilty, deferred adjudication, etc) “committing” them to the court.
• The commitment warrant can be lifted, but only with a payment plan.
• If the commitment warrant is lifted, you must submit an application and pay 25% of the citation before the court will provide you with the payment plan.
• If you were previously given a payment plan, but did not fulfill the requirements, it is still possible for the warrant to be lifted, but the court will give a date for an extension hearing. MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ DOES NOT attend extension hearings, and it is YOUR responsibility to attend that extension hearing.
• A commitment is entered in the system as a plea of guilty. Although you may have the warrant lifted and receive a payment plan, points will be assessed against your driver license.
• Commitments generally take anywhere from 5-10 days to be removed. This not always the case, and some commitments may take longer to be lifted. Please contact MARCELLA DOMINGUEZ to check the status of your commitment after that time.